VTCT Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Hairdressing (QCF)
Duration: 1 year training course
Training: 1 Day per week at Kru Hair Academy (or 2 evenings)
Age Restriction: 14+
The VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (QCF) is a technical level qualification that provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work as an employed and/or self-employed hairdresser able to work on hair combining a variety of different technical skills. This qualification is ideal for those who hold a hairdressing or barbering qualification and work in a salon.
This qualification covers specific skills necessary to become a senior stylist. The qualification builds on existing knowledge and understanding of hairdressing and develops more detailed and enhanced technical skills necessary for employment. Your skills and techniques will be assessed in a real working environment.
There are four mandatory units in this qualification for you to study including:
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Provide client consultation services
You will then be able to select a minimum of two optional units from a range of 10 units which includes: provide hair extension services; create a variety of permed effects; hair colour correction services.
The full range of units can be found within the record of assessment book.
What could this qualification lead to?
When you complete this qualification you will be are eligible to become a State Registered Hairdresser (SRH) with The Hairdressing Council.
Career opportunities as an all hair types hairdresser exist in a variety of contexts, including
- Commercial salons
- Independent/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
- Product manufacturing and training
- Armed services
- HM Prison service
- Cruise liners
- Hospitals/care homes
Further Learning Opportunities:
Whilst this qualification's primary purpose is to prepare you for employment as a senior stylist you may choose to complement your skills base or become a specialist in a particular field of hairdressing by undertaking advanced specialist qualifications at Level 4:
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Salon Management (QCF)
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management (QCF)
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Specialist Hair and Scalp Services (QCF)
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Hair Colour Correction (QCF)
- VTCT Level 4 Award in Advanced Hair Styling (QCF)